Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Week 37 according to my mom‏ (April 27, 2015)

Dear everyone,

So a lot has happened this week and a lot hasn`t happened this week!  To start off this past Tuesday a volcano in the south of Chile has erupted and the entire country is worried.  They had to evacuate all the people from there (which is like 12 hours away so I`m not in danger, don`t worry) and we have smoke in the skies here in Santiago.  The past few days have been a bit overcast for that... It`s helped cool things down finally!  But everyone here is worried.  That`s one thing I love about chile, it has sooooo many natural disasters, but when it has them, everyone is always very worried!  They all want to help the people from the north with the flooding there, and they all want to help the people in the south with the volcano.  I feel if we just moved the flooding to the south we`d fix both problems at once.  

Now for the things that haven`t happened. Lessons.  I`ve been in charge of planning this week and we haven`t gotten many lessons because of it...   I did learn a lot about how to work this past week.  I need to use the directory of the ward so that we can find more people easier.  the ward directory has about 700 people and we have about 70 assisting every week, so we`re going to find out whose moved, who needs more help, etc.  We are also going to go through the old investigator lists to figure that out.  We were just doing straight up contacts this week which is the less efficient way of doing things here.  I`m trying to do as my father has always told me, "work smart and work hard" because as I do that, I will find more success.  

My new comp and I are already good friends.  he`s the first latin I`ve meet who played Football before the mission, so that`s awesome!  He played for a team and everything.  his English is a little weird still, he knows very little of it, but he`s eager to learn.  He technically started the mission about 4 months before me, but had to go home for health so I have more time than him... It`s a little weird.  But it`s fun!

i hope you all have a great week!  i love you all!
Con amor,
Elder Forsgren

No comments:

Post a Comment