Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Change number 6 I think with a new compañero and I`m now senor comp. SAVE ME!!!‏ (April 20, 2015)

Dear all,

So we just had a lot happen all at once!!  It`s so weird!!!We started with a conference from Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve as well as the first counselor in the Area Presidency Elder Jorge Zeballos who gave a talk in the General Conference this past April!  It was so spiritual I loved it!!  I got to sing in the choir which was very nerve-wracking but it was such a beautiful experience!  He spoke to us about a lot of things that I now hope to work harder on.  

Later that day we found our we had Transfers today.  That was a bit of a shock because we had just become companions 1 change ago, but my comp. had 9 months here so it`s not too big a deal.  I`m now with an Elder from Panama who got to the mission in May but had to go home not long afterwards for health purposes so technically I have more time than him.  So I`m now Senor companion and it makes me nervous, but hopefully I can do it.  I know I can because the Lord called me to it, I just will need His help in a lot of it.  The good thing is he was in the ward when he first came to the mission before he went home, so he knows a fair few people.

This past week my companion said his goodbyes after 9 months of being in the same ward and it was really sad.  I really don`t care for saying goodbye to the people here because it`s always so hard.  These are people that we`ve seen the spiritual progression of and they have such a huge part of our hearts that it makes goodbyes really hard.  In my opinion they are harder than saying goodbye to family as I`m sure I`ve said before.  That`s a weird concept for me because we`re only in these areas for a few months and we become so attached to the people here but it`s amazing to see their spiritual progress we can`t help but form amazing relationships.  Sister Oaks told us this past Saturday that these are people and friendships that we are going to carry into the eternities.

Well I hope that you all have an amazing week, I love you all.
Les amo con todo mi corazon,
Elder Forsgren

No comments:

Post a Comment