Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Month 8 or 1/3 or my mission! What?¡?¡?¡‏ (April 13, 2015)

Dear all,
So woh, I`m already a third of the way through my mission.  Wow I feel scared now.  I hear it only gets faster and I don`t want that.  That`s the opposite of what I want...  I`m enjoying it so much.  

So this week I`m not really sure what to talk about.  This morning we had a zone activity of human foosball (because we can`t play soccer) and a grill.  It was a lot of fun.  I really enjoyed the food!  I enjoy chilean food!  

This past week we visited a grandmother and her 3 granddaughters who are currently investigating the gospel.  They are amazing and just precious.  The girls are 13, 10, and 8 and the younger 2 just lost their mom.  I don`t know how, but she died recently, and the 10 year old has gotten to be really solemn (with good reason) and so it`s always been our goal to help her cheer up both in the short term and forever.  We have had a lot of success in the short term and we know that the gospel brings long term happiness, so we`re just sharing how she can live with her family forever.  But it`s really cute, the past week we went to visit and knocked the door and her little voice called out "¿quien es?" so we said "los misioneros" and she opened the door with a giant grin.  The entire family is amazing, we love them.  They all currently have a baptismal date for the 24th of May but it`ll be slightly hard because they live with their parents on the weekends meaning they can`t come to church.  But we`re confident they can do it. 

Well that`s what`s up in CHile and I`m loving it!
Con amor,
Elder Forsgren 

No comments:

Post a Comment