Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Week 22

Dear everyone,

So this week was really long and really slow.  We had a lot to do and not much of it had to do with the mission.  I had to do the paperwork to be in the country leagally and that literally took me 12 hours in one day and I`m not even finished, I finish it all off on Tuesday.  The process here is like 100% worse than the DMV...  

But I had the blessing of learning as I always do.  I love to learn especially more about how I can come closer to God.  I`ve been doing a lot of reading of the Book of Mormon this week to keep up with the mission`s goal of finishing it before May 31st.  And the more I read, the more I learn, the more I gain a stronger testamony.  and in this work, that is a huge tool to have, a testamony.  I`m glad I have mine.  I know that this book is true, and I know that it contains the fullness of the gospel.  I know it was translated by the prophet Joseph Smith through the power of God.  I know the prophets who wrote it are true prophets and I know that they wrote it through the inspiration of God.  I`ve come so much closer to my Heavenly Father through this book and through this church, I know that they are both true.  I know that the Book of Mormon and the Bible work together the teach us everything we need to know to return to live with Him.  I`ve learned that as I`ve worked everyday using them both and seeing how well they compliment each other.  

Now I encourage you all to not just take my word for it.  Try reading it for yourself. (https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm?lang=eng)  Search for it`s truth.  Read it to see what message it carries.  Ponder about the things it says.  And ask God if what it says is true.  This is the most important part.  God wants us all to come closer to Him.  When He sees that we are, and that we are looking for an answer He will answer us.  I know that.  So try it.  I leave you all with these things in the name of my saviour, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Forsgren

No comments:

Post a Comment