Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Week 20 and FELIZ NAVIDAD‏

29 Dec 2014

Dear all,

So this week was Christmas!!  That means I had the wonderful and blessed opportunity to skype home this past Thursday!!  It was such an amazing experience to see my family and to be able to talk with them!!  I enjoyed it probably a bit more than I should have because by the time 1 hour was over it felt like 5 minutes.  But all is well, and I look forward to being able to skype home again in May!!  

Also this week I had a huge strengthening in my testimony of "Pray always, that ye may come off conqueror; yea, that ye may conquer Satan, and that ye may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work" (Doctrine and Covenants 10:5).  This happened primarily on Christmas Eve:  So the morning of Christmas Eve we had a District Class that went on forever (because it was the day before Christmas, all the missionaries had a White Elephant gift exchange).  But so naturally that day we got lost trying to get back to the house and We were about 3 miles away...  So that was really frustrating to the both of us, and we were walking in almost 100 degree weather.  So the entire time bad thoughts about my companion began to enter my mind, which is of the Devil and I knew it.  Especially because he had done nothing wrong.  So I noticed the Devil had been putting these thoughts in my mind and I wasn´t trying to get rid of them.  So I began to pray in my heart.  Just as we were walking.  Praying primarily that the thoughts would leave my head, but other then that about anything I could.  I was just talking to God about anything I could think of, and I was enjoying it.  Eventually I asked if the Lord could bless us physically by making the heat more bearable.  Nothing happened...  I then asked the Lord, "Is my faith not sufficient for this small task?"  and I asked again if He could make the heat more bearable.  Again nothing happened.  So I changed the question:  I asked instead if He could bless me with the faith to be willing to suffer through the heat to work for Him.  Just at that time we walked around a corner and a wall of cool fresh wind hit us.  It was amazing!!  I felt so much more refreshed and had the energy to go the rest of the way home.  The entire rest of the way home I thanked and praised the Lord silently and humbly.  

I realized that day that I had not done enough to show my faith to the Lord earlier.  I didn´t talk to Him often enough and I didn´t show that I was doing this for Him.  I needed that attitude to be willing to do anything for Him.  I bear my testimony that through prayer and faith the Lord WILL bless you.  He WILL respond.  The rest of this week I´ve spent as much time as I can talking with the Lord in my head.  I´m trying to come closer to Him in any way I can, and the best way to do that is to talk to Him.  Just like the best way to become closer to anyone is to talk with them and to do things with them, I challenge you all to talk to Him throughout your day and to keep Him with you while you do the things in your life.  I promise you will feel His divine presence and you will come closer to Him.

I wish you all an amazing week and hope you all try and come closer to your Father in Heaven.  I leave you with my humble testimony.
In the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,
Amen.

Elder Forsgren



No comments:

Post a Comment