Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Sunday, May 29, 2016

It´s beginning to look a lot like summer...?‏ (December 21, 2015)

Hello to all, from burning Chile!

The weather here is scorching keeping itself about 90 degrees or above.  I´m not sure how I feel about it, but I doubt that "dreaming of a white Christmas" is a bad idea, but who know, "When you wish upon a star... your dreams come true" So we´re going to see just how white my Christmas is.  

For us, this last week actually went pretty well.  We worked hard trying to find new people, find those that we have found in the past again, and things of the sort.  We´ve been teaching some Haitians recently and we got to visit them twice this week.  It was a privileged for us, and we both enjoy teaching them a lot.  They are very humble and they have so many questions.  At first with a lot they don´t understand, or they aren´t sure about what we are teaching, but their attitude is the best you could imagine.  They always say that they will have to pray and ask God if the things that we are saying are true or not and based off of the answer they will act, which is exactly what they should do.  We told them that that is perfect and there is no one better to ask.  They will find their answer through that attitude and I love that they have such confidence in their Father in Heaven.

This next week is Christmas, and I´ve thought a lot about it this week.  We talked about the real meaning of Christmas with a lot of people this week and the importance of remembrance to the Lord in this holiday.  One thing I´ve been thinking about is what I can give to God.  One of my favorite lines to hymns is "Because I have been given much, I too must give" and that´s how I can give to God.  When we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are in the service of God (see Mosiah 2:17), so if we wish to serve God this Christmas, we must give.

I love you all and wish you a Feliz Navidad, that you may enjoy it and remember why we are celebrating it.  
Con mucho amor,
Elder A.J. Forsgren

FELIZ NAVIDAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment