Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Sunday, May 29, 2016

I speak French!!‏ (February 1, 2016)

Bon Jour!

So this week was a very good week where we worked a lot with the Haitians of the sector.  I really enjoyed it, because they taught us a lot of French!!  I have no idea how to spell anything, but I do know how to have a basic conversation that includes hi, how are you, what is your name, and I`m a missionary, so I feel multilingual now!  Not really, but the Haitians really enjoy it when we greet them in French.  It`s fun.  We also know one Haitian who speaks many languages, including English, so we practice English with him a lot.  He really helps us because he is a member of the ward, so we invite him a lot to the lessons we have with Haitians that don`t speak Spanish.  The Haitians really have an amazing culture, and I really enjoy working with them.  It makes life a lot of fun.  

Also this week we had the privilege of being accompanied by a less active youth who has been attending church with us, and Yesterday we could participate in his ordination to the office of Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood.  This next Sunday, he will have the opportunity to bless the Sacrament, and I`ve been so happy to see the progress of this young man.  I see a big future for him.  

So this has been my week, I have really enjoyed it and am looking forward to this next week.  It is very possible that it will be my last in this ward (but with the way my mission goes, who knows, 8 changes or 1 year in one ward is possible) by the way, the next week (and until further notice) my P-Days will be Tuesday, so don`t be surprised when I write late.
I love you all so much, and wish you the best.
Au revoir!
Elder Alexander Forsgren


No comments:

Post a Comment