Santiago Chile

Santiago Chile

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Week 8 - Conference Week

Buenos Días everybody!!

This has been a really long and a rather unproductive week for my companion and I...  The first day I got sick and that meant we had to stay home... both of us...  I now have allergies due to the changing of the seasons here.  We´re going into Spring, which is annoying because I did that once already this year!  But oh well, we can at least leave the house and proselyte! But that one day off really put us behind!  We are hoping to just kick it into gear this week and work a ton!!  

So one of the major highlights of this week was General Conference!  I was really afraid that I wouldn´t understand any of it, because it would all be translated to Spanish!  But lucky for me the stake gave the fairly new missionaries a room so we could understand the prophet and apostles!!  It was such a spiritual weekend, and my testimony strengthened so much!!  I´ve planned to use the notes I took from conference, the copy of the Liahona church magazine with all the copies of the talks, and my own personal testimony to write a small book over the next 6 months about how I can apply this conference to my life and the lives of my family and friends!  
I would now like to share my testimony with all of you, something I need to learn to do more often.

I know that the things I teach down here in Chile are true.  The Church is true.  Everything that President Thomas S. Monson tells us in conference is true.  If I did not know these things for myself I would not be down here.  Nothing else would be worth it.  There is so much time and effort that goes into this, I´d have given up by now if I didn´t know that what I´m teaching is true!  I know that the family is a central part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I know that we can live with our families forever in Heaven through the right authority and covenants.  This is why I have given up my family for 2 years.  So that others can live with there’s for an eternity!  This is one of the greatest blessings ever.  I know that we can also offer our ancestors the opportunity to live with us forever too through family history work and work in the temple.  This is a fulfillment of the Scripture in Malachi 4:6 "And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers..."  
Lastly I know that the Atonement was necessary.  Because of it we can "come unto Christ, and be perfected in him" (Moroni 10:32)  We owe him our lives and we need to work our best to return to him.  I love you all, and strive to give you all the same love our Savior would.
I leave my testimony with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


Elder Forsgren

No comments:

Post a Comment